Where to Shop for Your Home
If you would prefer to listen to this post in more detail, it is also available in podcast form! You can find it by searching Greetings From Austin wherever you listen to podcasts. Or, visit the link below to listen on Spotify.
Are you moving or looking for a refresh for your home? We’re going to share some of our favorite places to find furniture and home decor.
First, let’s start off with our favorite furniture stores. These all have great websites and most of them have stores in Austin except for Article and Serena and Lily. These stores range from Modern, MidCentury Modern to Traditional.
- CB2 -Modern furniture and great light fixtures. They have a space in the Domain.
- West Elm - We love the furniture, decor, bedding and light fixtures here.
- Four Hands
- Article- (online only) Jenny just recently bought several bedframes here and had a great experience and the quality is very nice. One really cool thing to know is that you have 30 days to return it if you don’t like it.
- Crate and Barrel -We love the kitchenware here.
- Restoration Hardware (cloud couch)
- Serena and Lily (Free design service)
- Room and Board (free design service)
- Arhaus- Jenny just recently bought a really cool dining light here.
- Nest Modern (south congress)
- Design within Reach- Mid Century modern furniture.
Thank GOODNESS for online shopping. We can’t imagine not being able to shop at any time of day and from anywhere. It is such a more efficient use of time than to drive all over town.
- Wayfair (wool rugs), All Modern- All Modern, and Wayfair are now under the Same umbrella. We prefer All Modern and it seems to be better quality but always remember to read the reviews very carefully.
- Ruggable -They have really fun rugs that are washable. They have a Star Wars and Disney line that is so fun. Jenny just bought the baby yoda rug for her son’s room.
- Magnolia Market- Think, Chip and JoAnna Gaines! Located in Waco but they have a great online store.
- McGee and Co - Beautiful and thoughtfully curated collection of furniture and home decor.
- Build.com -Jenny gets plumbing fixtures, fans, some tile, and cabinet and door hardware from here.
- Amazon- TIP: Always price check with Amazon. They have one of the BEST return policies.
- Facets (plumbing)- They have a beautiful showroom with tons of plumbing fixtures and appliances.
- Z-Gallerie -They no longer have a store in Austin but you can still buy online. We have found great side tables and decor here.
- Lulu and Georgia
- Home goods (Surprise!) -This store is great for holiday decor, kitchenware, linens, organization, and more.
- World Market - This store is more bohemian in style but has great furniture. Jenny just bought some very comfy sitting chairs here.
- Etsy- Etsy has a lot of very unique products. Jenny has gotten light fixtures and art from here. Alisa has kid room art and nursery furniture from here.
- Estate sales- Alisa finds good midcentury modern items at Estate Sales.
Local to Austin/San Marcos
*We love these outlet stores. Some offer updates on social media of what they get in. It would be a good idea to call before you go and see when they have delivery trucks coming in.
- West Elm outlet -San Marcos Outlets
- Four hands outlet -Austin
- Pottery Barn Outlet / William Sonoma -San Marcos Outlets, They have furniture, cooking ware, decor and bedding. They also have items from PB teen and Baby.
- Room Service Vintage- Austin
- Revival Vintage -Austin
- Uptown Modern- Austin
- IKEA- Ikea is a great place to get organizational items, fake plans, shelves, and more. They have just about everything.
- Living spaces- Living Spaces is in Pflugerville and has affordable yet nice-looking furniture and much of it is in stock if you need something quick.
- Costco- Costco has a great assortment of items for your house including but not limited to housewares, mattresses, sheets, towels, step stools, mats, etc. In January they have the most furniture and housewares. If they don’t have it in the store, be sure and check it online.
- Target- This is one of our favorites and another staple like Costco. Keep an eye out for special collaborations with designers like Magnolia Market or McGee and Co.
Here are some of our favorite pieces that we have bought from a few of these stores.
It can be difficult to furnish a home. Add pieces you really like intentionally to build a home you love!
Cheers! - Alisa + Jenny